Monday, April 5, 2021

ROBERT GOULET

Robert Goulet was a star on CBC TV during the 1950s.

He was invited to our high school prom as a celebrity host. I was only on the decorating committee but when Mr. Goulet arrived at the door in his corvette. the student council president failed of confidence and I was somehow pushed out the door to greet him.

I was super nervous I didn't have my own suit just then, and my mother had fitted me into my father's old wedding suit. It was a 3 button and the style at that time was 2 button suits. When I ushered Mr.Goulet in the door and took his coat he was wearing a 3 button suit. he looked at me and said "Hey you are right in style." He reached over and undid my top button. "That's the way to wear it" he said. he had quite a night he ended up driving the prom queen home and partied with her and her parents to all hours. See Less

 

No comments:

Post a Comment